How to Find Lots or Land for Your New Home
What are the most important questions to ask when searching for new home lots and land?
There are many factors that can affect which lot is the best choice for the floor plan design you have in mind.
- Do you prefer a neighborhood, or an individual piece of land?
- When do you want to start building your home?
- Does the lot require a well and septic system? Is there public water and sewer?
- How many bedrooms?
- Do you have a floor plan in mind?
- If you don’t have a floor plan, what type of home (one story, main floor master, two story, side entry garage) would you like to build?
- About how many square feet do you need?
- What about a basement?
- What is your overall budget range?
- What portion of that budget would you like to spend on your land or lot?
- Are you looking in any specific cities or counties?
- What minimum and maximum size lot or land you would consider?